We are in the midst of a mass exodus of Americans from Democrat-run cities, yet Democrats cannot seem to figure out why. The reasons are easily explainable, but apparently not to average Democrats, who are apparently unable to discern the obvious.
Insanity could explain the reason, as it appears to be endemic among almost all elected Democrats, as well as a vast majority of their voter base. How could it be otherwise, given what we have observed just this year alone? Before we get to the exodus, here is a reminder of a few of their actions:
- Running with the Ukrainian impeachment hoax
- Refusing to condemn the Chicoms for withholding info about their virus
- Obstructing the federal virus response (having not made a single positive recommendation made by any #Dementiacrat members of Congress!)
- Completely politicizing the virus, shutting down Blue states and implementing arbitrary authoritarian policies, incentivizing the reporting of deaths as “virus-related,” stoking the racist fires of BLM (not a single elected #Dementiacrat has condemned BLM)
- Aiding and abetting rioting in the streets (including setting up bail money to rapidly get the few arrested protesters back on the streets for more rioting), running a God-free national convention, supporting the cancel culture that aims to destroy the Republic
- Implementing policies to send virus-infected elderly back into assisted living quarters to infect other elderly people
- Lying nonstop during their national convention while offering no positive solutions (only full-blown socialism), supporting defunding of the police nationwide
- Nominating two candidates who are compromised by Communist China (not one, but two Manchurian candidates in the truest sense)
- Making common cause with America’s enemies at every turn (e.g., Communist China and Iran)
Worst of all, the Democrats have let BLM and Antifa run wild in the streets of Blue cities, destroying businesses and public property, defacing historical monuments, and causing an exodus of citizens from those cities (those who can do so are fleeing those cities in droves!).
The exodus that began at the start of the coronavirus outbreak, with many New Yorkers departing to their beach and country homes has continued unabated as more leave for good, according to city moving companies overwhelmed by an avalanche of would-be ex-pats.
“People are fleeing the city in droves,” says Moon Salahie, owner of Elite Moving & Storing in Yonkers, who has been working nonstop since the city began Phase 1 of its reopening in June. Salahie said 90 percent of the moves are to the suburbs and mostly families with kids worried about the school year. He’s packed people out of neighborhoods all over Manhattan.
Read the rest here.
And the second article is even more startling, as it predicts that people won’t be returning to NY City any time soon. It’s an essay by author, comedy club owner, and former hedge-fund manager James Altucher entitled, “NYC is dead forever. Here’s why.” It is filled with anecdotal evidence that NYC is rapidly hemorrhaging businesses and people – not just temporarily, but permanently. I recommend reading the whole thing.
And it’s happening in many other Democrat-run cities across the land. Who in Portland, Seattle, and Chicago wants to stay and endure the nonstop violent riots, destruction of property and businesses, and the never-ending threats to personal safety and security in these cities?
It’s laughable that even those who agree NYC are lost and are moving away don’t place blame where it belongs: New York State and City politics. And directly at the feet of the #Dementiacrats who run both! Even before the pandemic, NY’s political leaders invited a public health crisis by politicizing public health—for example, by equating “interaction with law enforcement” as a public health issue as noted here:
Last year, New York City Health Commissioner Oxiris Barbot was warning that “even brief contact with the police or indirect exposure is associated with lasting harm to people’s physical and mental health”.
“We as a public health department have really been trying to frame criminal justice system involvement as an exposure,” Barbot’s epidemiologist, Kimberly Zweig, claimed. Zweig had a degree in epidemiology, but her focus was entirely on PTSD and stress. Not on disease.
Why was New York City so badly unprepared for the arrival of the coronavirus? The answer was radical politics. And Barbot and Zweig embodied the public health mismanagement of a radical administration.
New York’s political leaders don’t solve problems; like virtually all elected Democrats, they EXACERBATE problems for political gain (they think):
- They EXACERBATED the health effects of the pandemic by failing to take early action (for example, by responding to recommendations to quarantine people recently arriving from Wuhan as “racist”), and then sending COVID patients to nursing homes despite hundreds of empty beds on the USNS Comfort and at the Javits Center? Who on the planet DIDN’T know that would raise the death rate? Surely Dr. Fauxi, the Scarf Queen, and the NYC epidemiologist Oxiris Barbot knew that!
- Even before the current crime wave perpetrated by BLM and Antifa, New York’s political leaders invited a crime wave by letting violent criminals out of jail, doing away with bail, and undermining the police. New York’s political leaders EXACERBATED the unrest triggered by the Black Lives “protests” by not stopping the looting, failing to prosecute those arrested, and then defunding the police.
- New York’s political leaders have EXACERBATED the economic effects of the pandemic by unnecessarily extending the shutdown – to the detriment of their own citizens’ livelihoods and economic health.
These are the precise reasons for the mass exodus that is underway in NYC and New York state! People aren’t coming back to New York because of the consequences of incompetent political leadership. But even those two articles from the right-of-center NY Post don’t provide any hint on where the blame should truly be placed.
However, what is even more laughable, ironic, and ultimately tragic is that the people fleeing New York apparently don’t grasp that they CAUSED these problems by electing and reelecting incompetent political leaders.
I just hope they don’t move to Red states – and, instead, stay in states they have already wrecked. But then the destruction of reddish-purple Oregon and Washington state (with Colorado, Nevada, and New Mexico not far behind) does not portend well for the rest of fly-over country. It’s insanity to export the same politics that destroyed their own states to Red America!
By the way, Jerry Seinfeld says that New York is not dead, as noted here. The fact that he felt compelled to write the article seems to argue he’s wrong. And the fact the article was reprinted in The New York Times (i.e., the flagship of Leftist-controlled fake news) confirms it. Desperate times demand desperate measures! And sure enough, even Democrat Governor Andrew Cuomo has realized the financial impact to state coffers as major taxpayers flee NYC and his state, as noted here. Physician, heal thyself! Look in the mirror for the reasons people are fleeing your state, Governor. And while you’re at it, the only way to get your golden goose (NYC) turned around is to replace its commie mayor ASAP. We’re waiting for you to demand De Blasio’s replacement, but of course, that’s not going to happen any time soon.
To expect any significant reversal – of the mass exodus, continuing economic disintegration, or otherwise – in New York with these two clowns running the show is insanity, but the rank-and-file Democrats remain silent despite the obvious. It is amazing that Democrats haven’t figured out why their cities and states are going to Hell in a hand-basket.
Stu Cvrk served 30 years in the US Navy in a variety of active and reserve capacities, with considerable operational experience in the Middle East and the Western Pacific. An oceanographer and systems analyst through education and experience, Stu is a graduate of the US Naval Academy, where he received a classical liberal education. This functions as the key foundation for his political commentary. He threads daily on Twitter on a wide range of political topics, such as the military, foreign policy, government, economics, and world affairs. Twitter: @STUinSD