By Stu Cvrk
Not a day goes by in which an elected Democrat, one of their lickspittle media allies, or just a simple rank-and-file Democrat on social media makes an insane statement about President Trump. Nothing is off base. He’s a Russian agent. He’s a misogynist. He’s a racist. He’s a threat to our democracy. He’s clueless. He’s a charlatan. He’s a mother***er. And much, much worse! Take a peek on any day of the week at the responses to his various tweets on his Twitter timeline, and you will see some of the most vile and deranged comments ever made on social media. Check out some of the slightly less vile comments about President Trump in this short video at the link below.
Are you getting the picture? It's one of the apparent insanity of those on the Left who hate President Trump. This is a manifestation of a mass psychosis. How many people in the US are afflicted with Trump Derangement Syndrome? Apparently, the number is large, and most of them are either Democrats or Republican “Never-Trumpers” like Mitt Romney and William Weld. What possesses them to act the way they do and say the crazy things they say? Do they truly believe the things they say about the President of the United States, or are they merely expressing group-think and virtue-signaling to their pals for emotional reasons?
Here is the definition of Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS), according to the urban dictionary:
A term for criticism of, or negative reactions to United States President Donald Trump that are alleged to be irrational and have little regard towards Trump's actual positions or actions taken. T.D.S. does not allow people to see the facts clearly. For example, if President Trump cured cancer in children, it would be reported negatively to somehow make the President look bad. Everyone with T.D.S. would then start protesting and spreading the false negative information while forgetting that children no longer would have cancer. Hating trump would be more important.
Reference: Urban Legend
That’s a pretty accurate definition, isn’t it, folks? Just think about all the instances of it that you’ve personally witnessed over the past three years! You can watch examples of it just about any time you turn on CNN or MSNBC. And there are virtually NO dissenting voices there!
Let’s set the table for further discussion with an excerpt from an interesting article that puts the phenomenon into an historical perspective:
[I]t’s not unusual for Democrats and Democrat operatives to call Republican presidents racist. “Before Trump,” [Raleigh News & Observer contributor J. Peder Zane] observed, “Democrats leveled the same despicable smear against Mitt Romney.” He recalled the speech in which then-Vice President Joe Biden warned African Americans that if Romney became president, he “would put y’all back in chains!” Zane also mentioned the NAACP TV ad that in 2000 blamed George W. Bush for the murder of James Byrd, a black man chained to a truck and dragged to his death by white supremacists.
Although Zane did not make this comparison, our current president is arguably no more bigoted than his immediate predecessor, the so-called “racial healer” (remember the “Beer Summit”?) who declined to prosecute the New Black Panthers for voter intimidation in Philadelphia and dismissed his own maternal grandmother as a “typical white person.”
Read the rest here.
Democrat name-calling of Republican presidents and presidential candidates isn’t a new phenomenon. I’ve heard it all of my adult life. Barry Goldwater was going to “blow up the world.” Richard Nixon was an evil crook. Ronald Reagan was an “amiable dunce” who was probably senile, too. George HW Bush was a patrician out of touch with average Americans (and a racist). Bob Dole was too old and slow (and Republicans were racists for burning black churches). Etc. etc., so on and so forth.
But no Republican has suffered the slings and arrows of personal insults like President Trump has over the past three years. And it’s not just the legacy media; it’s virtually the entire Uni-party and their sycophants in academia and Hollywood, too, not to mention the anonymous leftist fools who infest Twitter and other social media. Their rhetoric is seemingly becoming more extreme with each passing day, and their targets also include the President’s immediate family, his advisers (past and present), and also his supporters (they hate us, too, folks; never forget!).
Here are some examples of literally insane comments by leftists. While you read them, imagine the outrage in the legacy media if anything similar had been leveled at their false god Obama during his presidency.
- "Trump is as destructive a person in this century as Hitler, Stalin, and Mao were in the last century. He may be responsible for many more million deaths than they were." – Dr. Allen Frances, psychiatrist, on CNN, 8/25/19. Do you recall seeing this clown’s outrageous interview by Brian Stelter on CNN? Here’s the video itself it you need a little outrageous commentary to get your juices flowing: VIDEO
- Or how about a tirade from your garden variety Hollywood leftist? Check this out: “Left-wing actress and activist Bette Midler attacked first lady Melania Trump with a crude ‘poem’ about President Donald Trump’s penis.” Refer to: HERE
- Then there is this from Rob Reiner, who apparently is off his meds.
And like I said, these people hate Trump supporters, too, folks:
- “Washington Post opinion writer Jennifer Rubin pushed for Americans to work together to "burn down the Republican party" in the hopes of extinguishing any trace of the enthusiasm for President Trump.” Refer to: Fox News Video
- The leftist crackpots actually believe that President Trump is “comparable to King George III,” of all people. Refer to this: HERE
- Then there’s that weasel Bill Maher: “I’ve been using the word ‘treason’ and ‘traitor’ for the whole time he’s been in office … , [said Maher]. Refer to: HERE
- Virtually all of the Democrats’ Star Wars bar scene have called President Trump a racist, too, with ZERO evidence! Here one example from Ho Harris: "[W]e have a president of the United States who is clearly a racist, who has clearly been motivated by speaking to the lowest common denominator …” Refer to: HERE
- And especially given the parody of an impeachment hearing yesterday, let’s not leave Academia out, as colleges and universities are rife with the likes of “professors” who as deranged as this one is: “A professor who resigned his position at an Iowa college after threatening to ‘clock’ President Trump with a baseball bat and ‘bury’ evangelical Christians ‘deep in the ground’ is now reportedly planning to sue his former school. Jeff Klinzman, who taught English at Kirkwood Community College in Cedar Rapids, wrote online that he wants to ‘stop evangelical Christians’ and ‘[k]ill them all and bury them deep in the ground.’" Read the rest HERE
The aforementioned comments are relatively benign in comparison to what transpires on Twitter and other social media each and every day. We’ve all seen and/or directly experienced the threats, collective rage, insults, and gnashing of teeth by people on the Left who are literally deranged. Wishing sickness, sexual assault, and other threats and even death on people they’ve never met is their stock in trade. All of these bleats are just a glimpse into the evil that exists in the minds and hearts of those on the Left. What person in his right mind wishes ill and bodily harm on someone who is a veritable stranger? Who but mentally disordered people make these statements and threats?
Here are my thoughts on why these people are afflicted with TDS and why they spout the nonsense that they do:
- They suffer from a real mental disorder or psychosis having to do with an inability to adjust to reality when their firm expectations go awry. Most have never recovered from their “certainty” that Hillary Clinton would be elected in 2016.
- Other mentally unbalanced people embrace the TDS group-think as a means to express and project their inner rage (they’ve got other deep-seated problems that conflate with TDS). Wishing ill on someone you don’t know personally is a manifestation of psychosis!
- Some of them can’t abide by the policy successes of the Trump Administration, and TDS is their way of coping with it. How can a person wish bodily harm on someone when that someone’s policies have not harmed the person personally? Insanity!
- Lashing out in TDS rage is virtue-signaling to other members of the leftist/Democrat hive. Some may not even believe what they say but shout their accusations nonetheless in order to remain members of the group. Remember, they need to be "close" to one another.
- Some of the talking heads and “experts” in the legacy media have a direct financial interest in purveying their TDS-filled hate on a daily basis, either through direct payments or in service of ratings and mouse clicks from which they benefit indirectly.
- Some of them are ideologically committed to globalism and Uniparty policies (or, worse, are Communists hell-bent on undermining the American Republic who rightly view POTUS as a direct threat to their goals and objectives).
- Some may have even been naively caught up in their TDS and have finally recognized it but can’t bring themselves to admit their foolishness (yeah, that one’s a stretch, but there might be SOMEONE who fits that category).
- My last category is reserved for the truly evil among them. Anyone who wishes bodily harm and death on someone for crass political reasons is evil and rotten to the core. And you know that there are a LOT of those types running around who are the most belligerent of all!
Lots of folks have ruminated on the whys and the wherefores and the different manifestations of TDS in people they know and/or observe in their daily lives. The phenomenon defies a full understanding, as seemingly intelligent people remain afflicted despite many attempts at persuasion otherwise. The subject is one of the key – and most perplexing – topics of our time in the Age of Trump. Is there any cure for the disorder? Not that I can tell.
Stu Cvrk served 30 years in the US Navy in a variety of active and reserve capacities, with considerable operational experience in the Middle East and the Western Pacific. An oceanographer and systems analyst through education and experience, Stu is a graduate of the US Naval Academy, where he received a classical liberal education. This functions as the key foundation for his political commentary. He threads daily on Twitter on a wide range of political topics, such as the military, foreign policy, government, economics, and world affairs.