The News of Today is the History of Tomorrow —
Commentary by Larry Schweikart
IN POLITICAL NEWS
1) Patrick Bet-David, the CEO of Valuetainment, offered the Tuckster $100 million for a five-year deal plus a board seat.
2) The IRS has spent $10 million on weapons, ammo, and combat gear since 2020. In a saner society, they’d probably need it.
3) Shocked! American eighth graders saw their history and civics scores fall.
4) U.S. track and field star Tori Bowie (gold medalist 2016) “dies suddenly” at age 32.
5) TechnoFog argues Jeffrey (He-didn’t-kill-himself) Epstein was an FBI source.
6) An ex-FBI supervisory agent was arrested on Capitol protest (Patriot Day) charges. Now, under whose instructions was he doing that?
7) And here it comes: “transableism,” whereby people get surgery to take off an arm, leg, or other appendages due to Body Integrity Identity Disorder (BIID), will be the next protected class of dysphoric people.
8) Florida will expand the “Don’t Say Homosexual” law to all public school grades.
-Works for me.
9) Nothing to see here, folks, just another DemoKKKrat who sold $15,000 stock in First Republic Bank before it dropped 80% in value.
-Those DemoKKKrats are just so good at picking stocks.
10) A judge has cleared the way for St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner to go to trial for willfully neglecting her office.
11) North Carolina will become the 7th state to invoke school choice laws in the last two years and did so without the GOP trifecta. Republicans have enough votes to override the governor’s expected veto.
12) Senator Chuck Grassley and House Oversight Chairman James Comer have subpoenaed the FBI over a “criminal scheme involving then-Vice President Rutabaga and a foreign national” related to the “exchange of money for policy decisions.”
-Rutabaga? Sell influence? Really?
13) Ain’t that the truth? The RNC is worried that President Trump may not provide Faux News the opportunity to attack him during the August GOP debate.
IN ECONOMIC NEWS
14) The U.S. continues to import Russkie oil and oil products.
15) Recall that yesterday I said Americans were quickly falling out of love with electric cars? A new study explains why: electric vehicles are losing value twice as fast as gas-powered cars.
16) The Fed hiked interest rates again.
17) Anheuser-Busch continues to wriggle, now saying a “single can” was sent to “one influencer,” a transoid.
18) Model Bri Teresi, whose video of her shooting cans of Bud Light went viral, said the company is trying to target children with its transoid partnership.
IN INTERNATIONAL NEWS
19) The Ukes attempted to assassinate Vladimir Putin with drone strikes on the Kremlin—the last gasp of a country losing a war.
20) Another Asian ghost town, built at $100 billion in Malaysia.
21) Canadians with large tax bills will be forced to pay electronically in 2024.
-Too many Canuck checks bouncing?
22) Oh? Newsweek now says time is running out for a negotiated settlement in Ukraine.
-Why would that be? I thought the Russkies were out of men.
23) This happens more than you think: a Christian college student was killed in Uganda while witnessing to Muslims.
24) The EU has backed a Dutch plan to forcibly shut down thousands of farms.
25) Shades of Mar-a-Lago in Brazil as police raided the home of former president Jair Bolsonaro in a probe of fake China Virus vax cards.
IN ENTERTAINMENT NEWS
26) “Guardians of the Galaxy 3" early tracking is “far behind” that of 2.
IN CHINA VIRUS NEWS
27) Australia, which was the most draconian of the repressive states against Ivermectin use against the China Virus, now has approved prescribing it for “off label” uses by any doctor.
-These utterly evil dungbadgers.
28) The China Virus tyrants, having screwed up one of the biggest pandemics in history, now are trying to re-write the past to make their actions look heroic.
29) NBA MVP Joel Embiid said he learned to shoot by watching white people on youtube. They had “perfect form, elbows in, knees bent.”
-Er, Joel, you’ve never seen me shoot. And you sure don’t want to watch me play golf. In many nations, that is considered a form of torture.
AND THAT'S TODAY'S NEWS
Like what you read and hear from Larry? He doesn't charge for subscriptions, but you can buy him a coffee here: http://buymeacoffee.com/larrys
- Larry Schweikart
- Rock drummer
- NYTimes #1 bestselling author
- Political pundit
For even more truth-based current events, politics, and history content + resources, check out my VIP membership.
Larry Schweikart is the co-author with Michael Allen of the NYTimes #1 bestseller, A Patriot's History of the United States, and is the founder of the history curriculum site, the Wild World of History, and the new spinoff Wild World of Politics. Larry can be found at Substack under Larry Schweikart and, for as long as they allow him, at Twitter @LarrySchweikart and on Gettr @OtherWalls and on TruthSocial @CyberneticsLS
Larry's latest book, Dragonslayers: Six Presidents and their War with the Swamp, is now available wherever books are sold! You can listen to his interview with Tracy Beanz on Dark to Light HERE